‘Hit the road Jack, and don’t you come back no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road Jack, and don’t you come back no more.’
This song always gets stuck in my head when I jump into my green little monster (I call him ‘cookie’) on my way to my next adventure. Will it be France, Spain, Portugal or will I drive up East? Roadtripping is an adventure, not being scared of the unknown and open to meet many new crazy people. But there are a few things you should know before you hit the road. The 5 big essentials for a roadtrip:
- Toilet paper – Yes this sounds very obvious, but how ‘shitty’ will it be when you have to make a little stop in the middle of nowhere and you find yourself searching for ‘safe leaves’ in the wood to whipe your …
- Music – What is a roadtrip without good (old) tunes? Make a playlist with, ofcourse, Hit the Road Jack, Roadrunner by the Modern Lovers, Shut up and drive by Rihanna et cetera. Tip: download the playlist ‘Roadtrip’ on Spotify
- Water & food – Never be thirsty or hungry when you don’t need to be. Prepare a nice box for a picknick or dinner at the camping you’re going to visit.
- Passport! (& all other car/insurence papers) – Although you’re travelling through Europe, you will have to be able to identify.
- Awesome company – What is a roadtrip without nice company? Sharing is caring and collecting memories together is a gift for lifetime..
Ready for your journey?