Wandering around, discovering new places, talking to people you’ve never met before and staying in cute little ho(s)tels. Travelling makes the heart grow fonder. But what is travelling without discovering the local foods, drinking the wine that is produced on the fields you’ve visited and watching the cook work his passion? Eating is travelling, travelling is eating. My favourite culinary experiences when travelling the world:
1. Travelling Australia, I couldn’t forget about the island Tasmania. Here I had the most amazing wine tasting in the vineyard of Moores hill. Sunny weather, delicious wines and ofcourse great company!
2. A city trip to London isn’t complete without a visit to the famous Borough Market. There I ate the most awesome oysters: big, fleshy, salty, fresh, beautiful, … ofcourse with a glass of champaign.
3. Savoie Mont Blanc, that awesome region in the french alps, is all about cheese. And let that be something I really really really can appreciate. When driving to the beautiful landscape, passing vineyards, lakes, mountains and old castles, in fact the only thing I could think of was the next piece of cheese I could taste!
4. Breakfast in Paris.. That delicious ‘pain au chocolat’ keeps starring at me when looking at this picture. It was a sunny day during the citytrip with one of my best friends to Paris. We decided to go out for breakfast and sat down at Le Pain Quotidien. Not very original, but definitely a memorable moment during this trip.
5. Last but not least: my dinner at the Zeerover at Aruba. This local ‘snackbar’ isn’t about high cuisine, but definitely about a food experience. Sitting in between the locals of Aruba, nipping from my Amstel bright and nibbling on my fries and fried catch of the day I definitely felt in paradise when seeing the sun tumble into the sea <3
What was your ultimate food experience during travelling?